Het oogsten van cellen (of biomassa), of klaren van de bovenstaande vloeistof, zijn belangrijke processen in bijna alle downstream zuiveringen van biotech-achtige producten.
Tangential Flow Filtration or Cross Flow Filtration is a useful technology.
Unlike a dead-end impact filter where the product flows perpendicular to the filter (prone to clogging), the product stream in TFF moves in parallel to the filter. This allows solids to be kept in solution and minimizes the buildup of a “filter cake” which can foul the membrane. Today’s industrial design – even in compact benchtop TFF systems – provides for accurate & continuous transitions to scaling up.
• Separation of large and small biomolecules, clarification & removal of contaminants
• Diafiltration for buffer exchange, desalination, and removal of biomolecules
• Purification, recovery, concentration & desalination of (recombinant) proteins, peptides, DNA/RNA, and oligonucleotide
• Fractionate proteins/peptides mixtures and antibodies
• Cell harvesting (bacteria, yeast, mammalian cells)
• Clarify and desalt whole cell lysates
• Sample prep for chromatography
• Recover, remove virus particles & vaccines
Marco Markus email@example.com