For monitoring of thermal effects, physical and chemical reactions and much more directly in the grinding bowl!
With the new EASY GTM Gas Pressure and Temperature Measuring System you can turn the Planetary Mills PULVERISETTE 5 and PULVERISETTE 6 of the FRITSCH classic line into analytical measurement systems.
Due to the continuous measurement of gas pressure and temperature, thermal effects as well as physical and chemical reactions or pressure variations can be monitored directly in the grinding bowl.
For this, simply insert the grinding bowl with the radio transmitter integrated in the lid, without any modification to the mill itself. The monitored data is transmitted to a computer via a receiver. The EASY GTMControl software included in the scope of delivery generates a graphical presentation of the measured values, which can also be offered as a PDF report and transferred to an Excel™ table.
The EASY GTM-System provides valuable information
– Investigations in the area of mechanical alloying for the production of new amorphous and nano-crystalline materials
– Monitoring and optimisation of grinding processes in industrial applications
The measurement of the grinding bowl temperature allows an integral statement on the process variable temperature, which takes account of the effects of all friction, impact and transformation processes. The continuous and highly sensitive measurement of the gas pressure in the grinding bowl enables the detection of very rapid reactions. The measured gas pressure describes, among other things, the interactions of the gas with the surfaces created during grinding (adsorption and desorption of gases).
Extremely rapid phase formations can be observed for the first time IN SITU as an adiabatic process without heat exchange with the system.
– Temperature measurement range of the transmitter component: –40 to 110 °C
– Resolution of pressure signal: 1 mbar
– Permissible pressure in the grinding bowl: 0 – 20 bar – measuring range up to 30 bar
– Operating time with fully charged battery: approx. ½ year continuous operation (depending on operating temperature)
– Radio transmission: 2.4 GHz standard