Thermo Fisher Scientific zoekt een Applicatie Specialist(e)
Application Specialist, Ion Chromatography and Inductively Coupled Plasma (ICP) - Benelux
You will be a part of Thermo Fisher Scientificís Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division (CMD) and will play a critical role in supporting our customers and sales teams with technical and application support for our Ion Chromatography and Inductively Coupled Plasma instruments. You will join a team of five Application Specialists and will be reporting into our Sales Support Manager. This role encompasses both the pre-sales process and post-sales support and we expect you to be a product-focused applications expert working primarily Ďhands-oní in a Thermo Fisher Scientific lab or at a customer site. Your day will be varied and includes duties such as product demonstrations, sales calls, technical advice and training to sales colleagues, scientific events and field marketing.
- Actively participate in the Benelux Chromatography & Trace Elemental Analysis sales support team, working together to achieve our goals.
- Responsible for managing your allocated application, demonstration and training requests ensuring timely, efficient and quality delivery to customers, requiring working closely with sales and other colleagues within the CMD organisation.
- Close cooperation with other Thermo Fisher product lines is required to make best use of available resources and meet customer expectations.
- Provide high quality and effective pre- and post-sales support, work closely with factory based product and vertical marketing teams, other product line, service and sales teams. When developing applications and performing customer
demonstrations ensure that methods developed and best practices are shared with other team members and the responsible manager.
- Use Salesforce.com (SFDC) daily to track activities which must be linked to opportunities so as to develop comprehensive knowledge of prospects and customers and Thermo Fisher Scientificís interactions with them.
- Ensure training activities are provided to the customer in a timely manner while focusing on customer satisfaction and on a continually improving customer relationship leading to future business opportunities. Personally responsible for the relationship with the customer.
- Participate in the development of training materials and programs in cooperation with sales, factory, service and marketing teams.
- Responsible for identifying personal training needs and ensuring that your capabilities and competencies meet the needs and requirements of the sales
support team for the relevant product lines.
- Since business needs are constantly evolving, be responsive to, plan for and embrace change.
- Identify potential marketing and sales collateral by monitoring demos and applications projects and sharing such results with responsible manager.
- Communicate market intelligence and information obtained during customer demonstrations and in the field to the responsible manager.